We’ve grown accustomed to the picture-perfect smiles that seem to grace the red carpets during this time of year. It’s awards season in Hollywood and the stars know that their best accessories are their smiles. It’s a known fact that most celebrities weren’t born with these glamorous smiles, so just how did they manage to achieve such beauty? A leading dentist in Charlotte has evaluated the smiles of the Hollywood elite to uncover the secrets to their perfect smiles.
- Tom Cruise- We can see that Mr. Cruise once suffered from a severely crooked, shifted, and discolored smile. To improve his look, he elected to straighten his teeth (although his smile still appears to shift to one side—take a close look at his midline) and then hide the discoloration with veneers and/or teeth whitening treatments.
- Nicholas Cage- Rumor has it that Mr. Cage actually had his two front teeth removed for a film role many years ago. Of course, he needed to replace his missing teeth in order to land his next role, and most likely opted for a permanent bridge or a pair of dental implants to get the job done.
- Miley Cyrus- As a little girl, her uneven smile may have been perfect for Hannah Montana, but as Miley has matured, she has acquired a nearly perfect grin. Some comprehensive orthodontic treatments such as braces or Invisalign, followed by professional teeth bleaching sessions are responsible for her new, sophisticated look.
- Jim Carrey- A chipped front tooth was a central part of Jim’s smile during his early years as an actor. He eventually chose to have the area repaired with a bonded dental filling. He may have also chosen to have his chipped teeth protected and reshaped with porcelain veneers or crowns.
- Demi Moore- Even Hollywood’s biggest stars are challenged by smiles that seem to deteriorate over the years. Sources say that Ms. Moore was frustrated when her teeth began to appear yellow and uneven after many years in the limelight. To boost her image and confidence, she invested in custom, ceramic veneers for a whiter, straighter smile.
Here’s an interesting fact: Charlotte dentists have access to the very same tools and techniques that have been used to produce Hollywood’s most incredible smiles. Find out more by calling to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation today.